I had a friend confused and come to me asking for suggestions on how to find her purpose. I love these questions because it’s a journey I have also been on. There is no solid answer to that but there are often clues. Here is an exercise that helps:
0: sit down with pen and paper and remove distractions for 30mins.
- make a list of your biggest accomplishments over the past 5 years.
- make a list of other achievements that you have seen other people achieve that you liked in the past 5 years.
- If this seems hard; make a list of people who you like, and write out some of the things that those people achieved that you cared about or that matter to you or mattered to them.
- decide which ones you are interested in for the future, or similar things for the future.
- Make a list of idea of which of those to pursue for the future.
- Make a list (or several) of how to go about doing those things, then start implementing! for example – putting reminders in your diary, doing research and generally doing the things you want to do!
Q: I’m stuck?
Great! contact me for help!
Meta: Thank you Anna for the request, now I hope that more people can benefit from this exercise.
Meta: this took 30mins to write.