Search my posts
- learn x
- system 1
- system 2
- time management
- What is your relationship with your self?
- Emotional Training Model
- The Feedback Problem
- Experimental Apparatus
- The problem of other minds
- Books I read 2017 – Part 3. Spirituality, Fun, Politics
- why don’t people communicate?
- I’m going to help you quit Facebook with some science
- Basic model of Sending a Message (Communication 101)
- No Offence, no defence.
Tag Archives: advice
Should You Reverse Any Advice You Hear? This post relates to the above SSC post. Scott says: That lots of the advice people give is useful for some people, but that the opposite advice is useful for other people. For example, … Continue reading
If you see advice in the wild and think somethings along the lines of “that can’t work for me”, that’s a cached thought. It could be a true cached thought or it could be a false one. Some of these … Continue reading
Part 2: http://bearlamp.com.au/addendum-to-applicable-advice/ Part 2 on lesswrong: http://lesswrong.com/r/discussion/lw/nuf/addendum_to_applicable_advice/ Einstein said, “If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” The Feynman Algorithm: Write down the problem. Think real … Continue reading